Implant Learning Center
Whether you are missing one tooth or several, dental implants are an exciting and superior solution. Not only are they extremely practical in everyday use, but they are also durable. Their natural, enamel look will convince others that they are your real teeth. You will feel a renewed confidence to freely speak, smile, laugh, and eat. It will seem as if you are back in the days before you lost your teeth. Dental implants will blend right in with your natural teeth and they will not come out while you are eating or speaking.
- By protecting the bone structure of your jaw, dental implants will play a major role in preserving the youthful appearance of your face.
- It is highly unlikely that anyone will notice the implants are not your natural teeth. Dental implants are custom-made to be a precise match to your existing teeth.
- You will experience a massive boost in confidence so that you can once again smile, laugh, speak, and eat in public places. Dental implants are permanently implanted in your jawbone structure, so there is no possibility that they will fall out and embarrass you while you are eating or speaking.
- If properly maintained and cared for, dental implants will be an excellent solution for the rest of your life.
- Dental implants are a technologically-advanced solution for replacing missing teeth. A three-step process is used to permanently embed them into your jawbone. First, a post is implanted in your jawbone. This is given a few weeks to fuse to your bone structure and become a root for your replacement tooth. Next, an abutment is attached to this post to be a foundation for the replacement teeth. Last, a custom-made replacement tooth is permanently attached to this abutment. This very natural looking replacement tooth will blend nicely with your existing teeth to present a beautiful, natural smile!
- This treatment often takes place over a few months. It is important to note that thorough research demonstrates that implant patients felt that the benefits of implants were absolutely worth the wait. The majority of the time needed for this treatment is spent waiting for the embedded post to fuse with the bone structure in the jaw. This wait can last anywhere from 3-6 months, but this fusion plays a foundational role in the success and benefits of the dental implants. After the fusion of the post, the attachment of the final replacement teeth will take place during the final office visit.
- Any patient who is missing one tooth or more is a potential candidate for implants. One possible issue to confront is the potential loss of bone structure in the jaw if the missing teeth have not been treated over an extended time period. However, in the majority of these cases, the issues can be resolved with a bone graft.
- The expense for dental implants can seem greater than other replacement procedures, but only if you exclusively consider the upfront costs. Dental implants normally do require a higher initial investment of time and money. However, implants last a lifetime and will require no additional procedures or costs. Other replacement procedures (e.g. dentures, dental bridges) are less expensive at first, but they will definitely require additional procedures and costs in the future to keep them maintained.
- Ultimately, the overall cost of your implants will be determined by a variety of factors. Of course, the major cost factor will be the number of missing teeth that you need to replace. Another factor will be any additional expenses that your specific situation will require. For example, if you have been missing teeth for an extended period of time it may be necessary for you to pay for a bone graft before the implant procedure can begin. Please stop by our office for a consultation in order to discuss with Dr. Littlefield the specific factors that may play a role in your situation.
- We are pleased to offer a FREE CONSULTATION to determine the opportunities and options that are available to you. We are confident that the ultimate destination will provide you with a beautiful smile and many other priceless benefits!
*New Patients Only.
Give our office a call or fill out the form.
Appointment Request Form
What Others Are Saying
“I have always had a great experience at Dr. Littlefield’s office. You feel right at home. The staff are great. Everyone is upbeat, always have a smile and pleasant conversations. I also like the reminder message on my computer. I would refer family and friends to the best dentist – Dr. Littlefield.”
– Karren P., Google
“IMPRESSIVE. My first visit for evaluation was great, and of course the following visit for actual dental work was even better, it was AMAZING. Dr. Littlefield did 2 of my crowns and 1 filling in a professional manner. Dr. Littlefield made me feel comfortable while his gentle hands went to work. Additionally, his assistant was also the reason why my experience was impressive. Oh by the way, I am the type of person that doesn’t like seeing dentists, that was changed by Dr. Littlefield, I will be regularly seeing my dentist – thank you Dr. Littlefield and staff. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! 6 STARS FROM ME……”